Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Katahdin!

Here it is, the last post about my Appalachian Trail Thru hike. It has been an amazing journey that I would not pass up for the world. I took 5 days to complete the 100 mile wilderness and another to summit Katahdin. If I hadn't already made plans for a ride home I would have definitely finished earlier, northern Maine was a breeze! Even though my final days were filled with eagerness to finish, they were some of the best (nice cool temperatures, easy hiking, lots of time to just relax, and nice views). The climb up to Katahdin was one of my favorites on the trail and thankfully we did not have rain (70% chance that morning). This post is already going up 9 days after I finished so I won't bore anyone with too much detail and just let the pictures speak. 
 ~Mumbles: GA-ME 2014

The first sighting of the end.
I'm done!

1 comment:

  1. Rob, I've been following your blog since before you hit the trail. Great posts and photos! Thanks for sharing your journey. For someone like me who can (for now) only dream about the trail, it helps make it seem a little bit closer. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete