Monday, September 29, 2014

Adjusting and Future Plans

It's been a little over two months since I finished my thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail and have missed it almost just as long. The simplistic life of just walking through wilderness with everything you need on your back is a hard life to just leave. While living on the trail I was much happier, relaxed, and felt free. I felt free from society In a way I had never felt before and it felt good.  Even the most miserable, cold, rainy days where every muscle in my body ached, when I wished I was at home watching TV that feeling always subsided shortly after and forgot I felt the way I did.  It was definitely an amazing journey and wouldn't pass it up for the world. In 2016 I'm planning another thru-hike but, this time it will be on the Pacific Crest Trail, I wish so bad I could do it sooner. The PCT is a National Trail like the AT but starts at the Mexican boarder in California and traverses through 7 national parks and 2,650 miles to Canada. Being currently 19 years old and 21 in 2016 I do not exactly have a ton of extra cash, especially since most of it was used on the AT but nevertheless I will find a way to do this no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment