Thursday, May 22, 2014

Waynesboro

Only been 3 days and 49 miles since leaving Buena Vista. Hiked only 6 miles my first day and became reunited with Fresh Ground and his terrific trail magic. He had set up in a windy field which made setting up my tent interesting, but eventually got it staked down. That night we watched National Lampoons Family Vacation and ate chicken burritos. Got started the next morning with banana pancakes and egg wraps. Did 28 miles with very nice weather the to Maupin Field shelter where a bunch of day hikers were camped at. Dessenting then assenting 3000 feet took alot out of me but still made it to camp by 6. Did 20 long, rocky miles the following day into Waynesboro. A lot of rocks and me just being plain tired made today drag on. Got to Rockfish Gap around 4 and got a ride to town from Miss Lady. Took a shower at the YMCA and tented at their campsite. Ate at Mings Garden that night, which I have to say is probably the best Chinese buffet I've ever been to and one of the best restaurants on the trail. Woke up a few times from a nearby train and completely covered in condensation the next morning. Ate at Weasies Kitchen the next morning where I got the all you can eat pancake breakfast, I could only eat 3, thankfully I only had to pay for them. Hit the trail after breakfast and entered Shenandoah National Park around 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment