Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 3: Woodys Gap- Neels Gap

* somehow the posts for the next 3 days got deleted then magically showed up today so here they are.

 Woke up today at around 5:30 and stayed in my bag until sunrise. Fresh Grounds decided to stay the night and make everyone breakfast, on the menu was fresh fruit, coffee, scrambled eggs, and bananna pancakes. The morning started out cold but quickly warmed up especially after hiking a few minutes. Expecting a big climb and my legs being sore from the last few days I popped a few ibuprofen and was ready. Today offered views of the Georgia mountains for most of the day. I got to Blood Mtn. at around 12:30 but felt like it took forever, definilty well worth it. After a steep rocky decline I got to Neels Gap (I'm guessing around 3). A few thruhikers were here talking and walking around and there was also a tedious game of giant jenga later on. The store at Neels Gap called Mountain Crossings had the most hiking equipment I have ever scene in one spot, it definitely had everything a hiker could ever want. I only bought a few food items I probaly won't need but wanted so much more. Tenting again tonight behind Neels, have no idea where im headed tomorrow, depends on my legs. Should be in Hiawassii in a few days.

3 comments:

  1. Proud of you Rob ,enjoy yourself and keep us posted,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this exciting adventure. It may not be easy, but it sure will be a great accomplishment and you will have a lifetime of memories when you are through. Thanks for the updates and the photos. I will keep checking in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a good start. I look forward to following your trek. You are going to have a blast.

    ReplyDelete